Saturday 14 February 2009

Give a dog a bad name

Where did this come from?!


When I woke up to see this in our garden on Thursday morning - the day the pups were due to leave - I decided I had definitely jinxed them with my choice of KC registered names.

Bearing in mind their entry into this world involved a very icy drive through to the vets in the early hours, I had chosen a cold theme for names. Gennasus Well Chilled and Gennasus Chilled Out are now their official names but, seeing as heavy snow fell on both the days that they were meant to be going, maybe this was a bad move! We only have two options when it comes to roads going down south and both of them were badly affected by the unexpected snow.

Any thoughts I had of pups having to stay on longer were soon dispelled.......it takes more than wintry weather to put off new owners who can't wait to get their pups! Conditions did improve later in the day and little puppies were on their way. I'm glad to say that they have now settled in their new homes and don't appear to be missing me at all!

In future, I'll try and plan puppies for the summer........and call them Hot Stuff or Ray Of Sunshine.






3 comments:

Amber and Nala said...

That's funny! Glad they are settled in their new homes! :)

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Amber & Nala

HawaiianDane said...

Very funny about the name & snow! Looks like they had a blast playing in it though - so the name FITS!!

Happy Valentines from Huey & Higgins

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Haha, there's nothing like a good jinx....great names though and they got away safely in the end!
Whatever will you do with yourself now? Lol :D