Monday 26 January 2009

Bon Accord and Euan time

It's been a busy weekend here. Yesterday was Bon Accord Open show, fairly local for us as it is held at Thainstone Auction mart, Inverurie - just over an hour away. It turned out to be a very successful show too.

Rosa won her class, Pansy didn't manage a red but did get placed 4th. Jana was next in the ring and the timings worked out perfectly so that I didn't have to rush from the toy to the gundog ring, something that often seems to happen. There were 6 present in Jana's post graduate vizsla class and I was really pleased when she was placed 2nd! The other dogs all looked so nice that I was sure we'd be getting flung out! She was also in the Any Variety Gundog Yearling class and I was so chuffed when she won it.......and I think there were 9 in it!! What a great day for her.

Not to be outdone, Louis won the Toy Veteran class and this meant we had to stay until the end and compete for Best Veteran in Show. He won this award at Bon Accord last year and a repeat performance seemed unlikely so you can imagine just how pleased I was when he did in fact win!!

Photos below but I'll hopefully add a few more from the show soon.

4 comments:

karensbrae said...

What a great win 2 years in a row!!

Dughallmor Beagles said...

Wow, great results Sue....well done everydog, especially Louis!!

Life With Dogs said...

I just happened across you blog and your profile pic is beautiful!

I'll be back to take it all in :)

Tina. said...

Congratulations to Rosa, Pansy, Jana and Louis! Great job! Your American friends are very happy for you! And it sounds like a lot of fun and a lovely time.

Tina, Honey Dew and Sampson